description and outline.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/wcpconsulting.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/news-pro/single-pm_courses.php on line 77
Projects are the means through which organizations achieve their goals and satisfy client needs. Successful implementation of projects is therefore critical to an organization’s profitability and overall performance. It is no wonder that project management skills and the integration of a sound project management culture are a priority for leading organizations.
This 1-day course examines senior management’s role in the successful management of projects and the creation of a sustainable project management culture within the organization.
Who Should Attend
The Project Sponsorship course is designed for senior level managers responsible for:
- Making or contributing to decisions related to project priorities, staffing, and strategic planning
- Authorizing projects
- Typical participants include:
- Corporate Executives
- Managers of Project Management Office
- Senior Project Managers
- Course binder containing presentation slides, exercises and sample solutions
- A colour poster summarizing the key roles of the project Sponsor through each phase of the project lifecycle
- Reference files containing course specific and general project management materials
- Certificate of completion (framed for participants of in-house workshops)
Participants of this course will know how to…
- Encourage project teams to apply the appropriate way of working and level of rigor in their application of project management
- Actively sponsor projects through each phase of the project lifecycle
- Know what to ask — to ensure things are being done right
- Know what to look for — without having to micro-manage
- Know what to do — to make the most of the project Sponsor role
- Foster a healthy environment for project management success
- Encourage the right type of project organization
- Deal with the specific challenges of a matrix organization
- Seek and obtain the kind of information that enables prioritizing of projects — with confidence
- Evaluate a project plan to determine if it is realistic — or just a pretty picture
- Deal with project uncertainty and risk
- Ensure accountability on projects
- Identify whether or not project contingency has been dealt with realistically
- Identify when things aren’t going well — before it’s too late to do something about it
- Make the ‘tough’ decisions regarding how to (or whether not to) allow a project to proceed past key points
There are no prerequisites for this course.