"Thank you again Kiron for an excellent course! I think this is the first WCP delivered online course I've taken and it holds up to the excellent standard I came to expect from in-person WCP courses!”
- Melanie Sattori, PMP
Our Live-Virtual workshops are: conducted in English and priced in Canadian dollars. Courses that include the UW emblem are offered in association with University of Waterloo WatSPEED (formally Professional Development), and may be applied towards earning a University of Waterloo Project Management Certificate.
Most virtual sessions are scheduled from 10:00am - 5:30pm EST (Toronto) time .
Have questions? Give us a call at (905) 660-7184 or email us at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
What time zone are these courses scheduled for?
Our instructors are based in Ontario Canada, so most of our virtual courses are scheduled in the EDT time zone from 10:00am - 5:30pm ET (Toronto time). Some of our courses (e.g. MS Project and PMP Exam Prep) are spread out over shorter days. If unsure, please reach out to us to confirm the timeframe of the course(s) you are interested in.
How do the live virtual workshops differ from your in-class workshops?
Our live virtual workshops use the same course materials as our in-class workshops, are facilitated by the same instructors, and offer a similar experience as our in-person sessions including:
- the same high level of participant engagement and group activities
- the ability for participants to collaborate in small groups in real-time - just as they do for in-person sessions
- the ability for the course facilitator to debrief the results of each group with the larger class in real-time
As an additional benefit however, participants of our live virtual training will also learn how to use project management collaboration tools that will help them manage their own virtual and hybrid project teams.
I have attended virtual workshops in the past and have not been impressed - how are yours different?
When we designed our virtual workshops, we did so with the requirement that the level of group interaction and user experience would be equal to that of our in-person workshops. While most virtual workshops simply use Zoom Meetings or similar platforms to deliver thee training, we also incorporate real time project team collaboration tools. The result is a user experience much the same as participating in an in-person session, but with the added benefit of also learning practical tools for effectively collaborating with project team members as part of actual virtual project teams.
Are there any advantages to live virtual training over in-person training?
Our virtual sessions are the preferred option in the following situations:
- participants works within a virtual team environment and will benefit from a workshop that incorporates tools and techniques to effectively collaborate virtually within project teams
- training of team members located at multiple sites is required and individual locations do not have sufficient numbers to make it viable or cost effective
- flexible timing (e.g. half-days vs full days, or non-consecutive days) is preferred an would otherwise not be viable
- physical facilities for holding the training is not available
What about the course workbooks and supplementary materials that are normally included with your in-class workshops. Are they also include with the live virtual workshops?
Our live virtual workshops include the same course materials as our in-class workshops. Depending on the session, we will either provide you with a secure link to download copies of the course materials and data files, or we will ship the materials to you in advance of the session.
Can I earn PDUs for the live virtual workshops?
Yes, our live virtual workshops qualify for the same number of PDUs/Contact hours as the equivalent in-person workshop!
Will I receive a Certificate of Completion after taking the workshop?
Upon completing the workshop participants will receive a personalized PDF-format Certificate of Completion. In addition, participants may earn a University of Waterloo Project Management Certificate, if they complete all the required courses in the program.
What are the system requirements needed to participate in the live virtual workshops?
- A computer with a reliable high speed internet connection
- At least one large monitor (having two monitors is preferable)
- Ability to run web-meeting app on their computer
- A web camera so that the instructor can interact effectively with participants throughout the session
- For MS Virtual MS Project training participants will also require:
- either MS Project 2016 or 2019 installed
- a dual-screen computer monitor set-up (one for observing the instructor’s computer in full screen, and the other for doing the hands-on exercises in full screen)