To participate in this workshop, you will need both RingCentral (the web meeting app) and Miro (for group collaboration exercises)
To access the class exercises in Miro, you first must set up a free Miro account.
Important: Internet Explorer (I.E.) does not support Miro.
Use either a Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser with Miro.
- Go to www.miro.com and click on the blue “sign-up free” icon at the top right of the screen. Don’t worry, you will not be asked for a credit card or any other form of payment
- Fill in the resulting form.
- Important: be sure to use the same email address that you used when signing up for the course – the same email address we use to send you the course information.
- After entering in your information, check the box indicating that you agree to the Miro terms and privacy policies.
- When done, click on the icon to “Get Started Now”
- To confirm that you are a real person, you will receive a confirmation email from Miro containing a a six-digit code. Enter that code into the space provided in Miro, and you will now be all set!
Before the start of the course, you will receive a course specific Miro Link. The course Miro link will give you access to the Miro team set up for your specific course.
Resolving RingCentral Issues
Most RingCentral connection issues can be resolved by simply re-booting your computer. If that does not help, then the problem is likely a result of using a work computer which connects to the internet using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) or a result of the computer firewall set to prevent access to certain sites.
If your computer is using a VPN, simply turn it off for the duration of the course.
To solve firewall issues, you must add the IP address 220.127.116.11/20 to the allowable list.
The following instructions show how to add the necessary IP address for computers using the Windows Defender Firewall. If using a different firewall, the steps will have to be modified for your system. If using a work computer, you may need to contact your IT department for assistance.
How to Add RingCentral IP Address in Windows Firewall
1. On the Start menu, Click ‘Windows Firewall with Advanced Security’.
2. Click the ‘Advanced settings’ option in the sidebar.
3. On the left side, click the option ‘Inbound Rules’.
4. On the right, under the section ‘Actions’, click on the option ‘New Rule’. Windows Firewall
shows you the New Inbound Rule Wizard…
5. A new window will open and Select the ‘custom rule’ option and click Next.
6. In the left-hand side again, go to the option ‘Scope’.
7. Add the IP address: 18.104.22.168/20 by clicking “These IP Addresses” under the remote IP address section
8. Click on the ‘Ok’…