Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
|Live Virtual||04/25/2023||04/27/2023||Register||$1,760||10:00am - 5:30pm EST|
|Toronto||06/05/2023||06/07/2023||Register||$1,760||9am - 5pm|
|Mississauga||04/10/2023||04/12/2023||Register||$1,760||9am - 5pm|
Project management excellence goes beyond producing project charters, detailed schedules and colourful status reports. Projects involve people. There are team members, clients, management, subordinates, peers, account managers, suppliers, contractors, regulators, and numerous other stakeholders. And with people, there are differing opinions, personality conflicts, office politics, and sometimes hidden agendas. Your people skills often make the difference between road blocks versus opportunities, and project success versus failure.
Interacting effectively with others is at the heart of good project management. Poor communication and relationships result in significant issues and detract from what matters and what needs to be done. This is why we have made this 3-day workshop part of our “Essentials Series” of Project Management workshops.
The first two days deal with all aspects of Effective Project Communication. Participants are given the opportunity to discuss issues or challenges they are facing and get input on how to address them. The session includes group exercises, scenarios/role plays and facilitated discussions that will enable participants to deal with and discuss real life situations.
The last day of the workshop deals with the application of learned techniques within the specific context of managing stakeholder expectations. The PMBOK® Guide recognizes Stakeholder Management as one of ten specific knowledge areas within project management. Using various scenarios and case studies, participants learn how to improve project success through the proper understanding and managing of stakeholder requirements and the influence they have on the project.
Who Should Attend
Managers, Project Managers, Team Leaders, Account Managers, Supervisors and those who work in a team environment and need to handle tough issues and difficult interpersonal situations and people with confidence and effectiveness.
- Course workbook
- Reference files containing course specific and general project management materials
- Certificate or letter of completion
Through group exercises, role play, simulations and discussion, participants completing this workshop will be able to…
- Deal effectively with peers, subordinates, and superiors
- Analyze and adjust your approach as required when influencing others
- Minimize conflict and deadlocks
- Build a foundation of influence and credibility to handle situations with discretion and authority
- Deal effectively with difficult people
- Deal with the realities of office politics
- Bring out the best in projects and people
- Identify project stakeholders along with their influence on the project and their requirements for the project
- Develop and apply a Stakeholders Management Plan
- Deal with ethical issues in managing project stakeholders
- Apply lessons learned from involvement with Stakeholders on past projects
Our 3-day Project Management Essentials: Part 1 - the Fundamentals course, 3-day Project Management Essentials for Construction course or other similar course