Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
With the tendency for organizations to outsource many project components, procurement management, and especially contract administration, have become essential project management skills. This two-day workshop will guide participants through key procurement practices, including preparation of requests for proposals, requesting proposals, evaluation of proposals, and contract administration. The course will also provide a taste of contract law. While detailed in nature, this course will offer anyone an insight into the role of the procurement manager on a project team.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is for project managers and team members who want to improve their procurement management skills and increase their understanding of roles and responsibilities of procurement on a project. It is also useful to purchasing professionals who want to make a transition into a project environment.
- Course workbook
- Reference files containing course specific and general project management materials
- Certificate of completion (framed for participants of in-house workshops)
Through group exercises and discussion, participants completing this workshop will be able to…
- Use proven tools and techniques, for managing project contracting and procurement
- Know how to plan and control procurement management scope of work
- Know how to effectively select procurement personnel for your project
- Understand and use the procurement management terminology consistent with the PMBOK® Guide
- Anticipate impact of procurement management on other aspects of project management
- Make a plan for enhanced procurement management efforts for your project(s)
An understanding of project management fundamentals is required for this course. Prior to taking this course we therefore recommend participants first attend our 3-day Project Management Essentials or Project Management Essentials for Construction workshop