Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
Stakeholders come in all shapes and sizes. While the expectations of some project stakeholders may be straightforward and closely aligned with project goals, other stakeholders may have expectations which are unknown, or not achievable given the purpose and scope of the project. Some stakeholders may remain hidden until close to the end of your project, at which point they identify themselves only to make it clear that their project expectations have not been met.
One of the most challenging aspects on many projects is the managing of stakeholder expectations. Learn to do it well, and your project will have a much easier time, and be more likely to succeed. Do it poorly, and before you know it, you may become bogged down in endless meetings and complaints.
Who Should Attend
The workshop is appropriate for people working in both the public and private sectors, in any of the following project related roles:
- Project Managers
- Project Team Members
- Subject Matter Experts
- Functional Managers
- Account Managers
- Course workbook
- Reference files containing course specific and general project management materials
- Certificate of completion (framed for participants of in-house workshops)
Upon completion of this course participants will:
- Understand the importance of managing project stakeholders
- Know how to identify the project stakeholders on your projects
- Know how to effectively define stakeholders’ influence and requirements for your projects
- Know how to prepare a Stakeholders Management Plan
- Know how to manage project stakeholders by implementing the Stakeholders Management Plan
- Understand the ethical issues in managing project stakeholders
- Understand how to generate and use the information from past projects
- Know how to make a plan for enhancing stakeholders management efforts for your project(s)
Participants of this workshop should already have had formal training in project management fundamentals through a course such as Project Management Essentials: Part 1 – the Fundamentals or equivalent.
* This course can be applied towards a Canadian Construction Association (CCA) Gold Seal Certificate
** When taken at the University of Waterloo, this course may be applied towards a University of Waterloo Project Management Certificate.