Download Course PDF
description and outline.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/wcpconsulting.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/news-pro/single-pm_courses.php on line 77
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
|Live Virtual||05/03/2023||05/04/2023||Register||$1,760||10:00am - 5:30pm EST (Toronto) time|
Applicable Project Environments
This course serves as an excellent way to onboard a project team who are about to apply adaptive methods on their projects, and is applicable to all project environments and industries for projects with components that are:
- difficult to define scope up front
- are likely to change due to a high degree of uncertainty and volatility
- are best developed iteratively
Who Should Attend
- Project managers
- Delivery Leads
- Project Leads
- Business analysts
- Workbook containing copies of the presentation materials, project scenarios, sample project materials, and much more.
- The book "Choose Your WoW!", by Mark Lines and Scott Ambler
- Course supplementary files and templates
- Tools to print User Stories onto Sticky Notes (great for planning workshops)
- Certificate of completion
Through group simulations, project scenarios and discussion, participants will …
- Learn why and when adaptive approaches can be beneficial
- Understand common frameworks (including Scrum) for applying an adaptive approach
- Understand common primary delivery roles on projects following an adaptive approach
- Understand how to plan and track projects following an adaptive approach
- Learn how to apply common tools and events (e.g. user stories, story points, personas, product backlogs, sprints, daily coordination meetings retrospectives) of adaptive delivery
- Learn techniques for assessing and communicating project status
Prior to taking this course we recommend that participants already have an understanding of the fundamentals of project management tools and techniques. We therefore recommend that in advance of this workshop, participants take Project Management Essentials: Part 1 - The Fundamentals or a similar workshop.
** When taken at the University of Waterloo, this course may be applied towards a University of Waterloo Project Management Certificate.