description and outline.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/wcpconsulting.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/news-pro/single-pm_courses.php on line 77
Are you already comfortable with the basic functionality of Microsoft Project, and ready for the next level? This hands-on course explores some of the more advanced features of Microsoft Project. Topics are designed to enable Project Manager and schedulers to use MSP to better model, track, analyze, interpret, and communicate their project plans. The course is taught in a style which encourages participants to use learned techniques to problem solve the type of situations they are likely to encounter on actual projects. Note: the course does not deal with the basics, such as task entry, solving resource conflicts, and task updating – for these topics, participants are encouraged to take our 2-day Hands-on Microsoft Project course.
This course is available in a 1-day “off the shelf” version, but may be customized for in-house corporate clients to address specific MSP features of interest. Depending on the number of topics selected, the custom version of this course can range between ½ to 2 days in duration.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers
- Project Schedulers
- Anyone who is required to understand the advanced capabilities of Microsoft Project or would like to know that advanced capabilities of MS project
- Course binder including step-by-step course exercises complete with many actual screen captures and advanced project tips, exercises and answers
- All applicable Microsoft Project data files used in the course
- Certificate of completion (framed for participants of in-house workshops)
- How to use task calendars to effectively schedule tasks with specific time restrictions
- How to use Deadlines and Constraints effectively
- How to customize the Gantt view using such features as hidden, and rolled up tasks to communicate the status of large/ complex projects in a simple manner
- Understand advanced baseline features, and how to handle project scope changes in MSP
- Improve project analysis and communication through the use of custom fields, graphical indicators and the grouping of project data
- How to customize the Microsoft Project interface so that it becomes more efficient to use
- How to create custom filters which help to focus on potential problem areas
As a prerequisite to learning these advanced topics, participants should understand the fundamentals of proper project management. Prior to taking this advanced course, we recommend that participant take our 3-day Project Management Essentials, our 2-day Hands-on Microsoft Project course, and be fully comfortable with the entering and updating the following basic information in MSP: project activities, duration, resources, project and resource calendars, project costs.