Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey
The survey provides statistical analysis of salary data for project managers from all over the world based on a variety of factors including project manager function, experience, size of organization, and whether or not the project manager holds a PMP (Project Management Professional) designation. Over 26,000 people from 34 different countries participated in the current PM salary survey.
Some of the findings from the PM Salary survey include:
- Among survey respondents project managers with a PMP designation earn 20% more on average than project managers that do not have their PMP certification.
- Globally, the median annual salary for project managers is USD $81,000.
And how do Canadian Project Managers compare to the global findings?
2,546 project managers from Canada participated in the current survey. Here is a summary of the Canadian results:
- The median salary for the project managers in Canada who participated in the survey (across all roles) is CAD $97,000
- Project managers from Canada with less than 3 years project management experience had a median annual salary of CAD $68,500 while those with over 10 – 15 years experience earned a median annual salary of CAD $101,000
- The salary of project managers in Canada directly correlated to their level of responsibility, with a level 1 project manager having a median salary of $76,000 (CAD) and Directors of a PMO having a median salary of CAD $123,000
- The median salary for project managers in Canada with a PMP designation(CAD $100,000) is 21% more than those without their PMP designation (CAD $82,822)
You may download the full version of the survey here.
Active PMI credential holders as of July 2017
PMI-ACP credential holders as of July 2017
The PMI-ACP (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner) already has the greatest number of PMI credential holders next to the PMP and CAPM designations. With the next, sixth edition of the PMBOK Guide (scheduled to be released in early September 2017) the popularity of the PMI-ACP credential is only expected to increase. Project managers and team members who understand how and when to apply agile approaches to projects will be in even greater demand.
Ready to roll-up your sleeves and learn more about agile? Check out our Agile Project Management Hands On workshop!
Project Management – The smart career choice