Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
|Waterloo||04/26/2018||04/26/2018||Please call||$590||University of Waterloo|
You are familiar with Scrum and you might have heard of Kanban, but have you heard of Scrumban?
Scrumban combines the team-orientation and sprint focus of Scrum with the flow and queuing principles of Kanban to provide teams with a lean-agile approach to deliver value early and regularly.
Scrumban can help you refresh stale Agile practices and better manage the expectations of your product owners and customers.
This 1-day course will provide you with sufficient awareness of Scrumban to help you determine whether it will be the right delivery approach for your next project.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers
- Agile Leads (e.g. Scrum Masters)
- Course workbook containing copies of presentation slides and exercises
- Certificate of completion (framed for participants of in-house workshops)
Through the exploration of project scenarios, group exercises, and facilitated discussion, participants completing this workshop will learn how to …
- Learn how to quickly gain shared understanding in and between delivery teams
- Get some practical tools on better managing customer and Product Owner expectations
- Learn how to evolve existing Scrum or basic agile practices
- Replace existing agile "vanity" metrics with true value-add KPIs
- Learn how Scrumban can address many of the disadvantages of a pure Scrum or pure Kanban approach
This is an advanced agile workshop. Participants should have hands on experience as a team member or as an agile lead on at least one agile project. Participants should also have already received formal training in the fundamentals of both traditional and agile project management. We therefore recommend:
- 3-day Project Management Essentials: Part 1 – the Fundamentals (or its equivalent)
- 3-day Agile Project Management Hands On (or its equivalent)