Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
|Waterloo||06/22/2018||06/22/2018||Register||$590||University of Waterloo|
Agile principles and practices were originally aimed at small teams working on small projects or products but most of us work in large companies or on large projects. Does that mean we can’t deliver using an agile approach?
This 1-day course provides you with an understanding of how agile can be scaled to support enterprises and large projects, including overviews and comparisons of the most popular scaling frameworks.
Who Should Attend
- Project Sponsors
- Project Managers
- Product Owners
- Agile Leads (e.g. Scrum Masters)
- Agile Transformation Leads
- Project Management Methodologists
- Course workbook containing copies of presentation slides and exercises
- Certificate of completion (framed for participants of in-house workshops)
Through the exploration of project scenarios, group exercises, and facilitated discussion, participants completing this workshop will learn how to …
- Discover project and portfolio criteria which will drive the need for a scaled approach to agile delivery
- Learn the prerequisites for successful scaled agile
- Collaboratively develop a scaling approach based on the challenges identified when applying "traditional" agile to large projects and portfolios
- Gain a foundational understanding of different agile scaling frameworks and their pros and cons
This is an advanced agile workshop. Participants should have hands on experience as a team member or as an agile lead on more than one agile project. Participants should also have already received formal training in the fundamentals of both traditional and agile project management. We therefore recommend:
- 3-day Project Management Essentials: Part 1 – the Fundamentals (or its equivalent)
- 3-day Agile Project Management Hands On (or its equivalent)