Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
|Waterloo||09/25/2017||09/28/2017||Register||$2,490||University of Waterloo|
You're ready to take the next step in your career by becoming a Project Management Professional. You've put in your hours and earned your experience on the job. But are you ready for the rigour of the PMP exam?
Take this course stand-alone or as part of a University of Waterloo Project Management Certificate
This is not your standard PMP Exam Prep course - Click here to find out why!
World Class Productivity (WCP) has partnered with Velociteach to bring to Canada what are among the most comprehensive and effective PMP Exam Prep training materials available today — the Velociteach PMP Exam Prep System.
Taught by industry experts, our PMP/CAPM exam prep course is chock full of advice, study techniques and best practices for passing the exam.
"My sole resource for passing the exam was attending your exam prep workshop and studying the provided text/info and using the on-line testing lab (which was very helpful)."
Edward Lacroix, M.Sc., PMP, P.Eng
You may not be ready to write the PMP exam yet, but after the Velociteach PMP® Exam Prep, you will be!
I passed my PMP first time through thanks to your team. You guys do a great job preparing your students by giving us the right materials and insight to pass the exam."
Christopher Descheneaux, PMP, Sr. Infrastructure Administrator, Sheridan College
Who Should Attend
This workshop is appropriate for participants from all industries who have met the PMI requirements for writing the PMP exam, and are serious about passing the exam and becoming a PMP.
- 4-day days of in-class instruction facilitated by a Velociteach trained and certified instructor, using Velociteach’s proprietary “can’t miss” strategies for answering difficult exam questions. This course will help give you the right frame of reference needed to approach the exam with PMI’s mindset.
- The best-selling book The PMP® Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, by Velociteach CEO, Andy Crowe
- 6-month subscription to InSite, Velociteach’s interactive e-learning system including multiple complete exam simulations
- Pass the PMP course filled with audio and visual lessons, over 500 practice exam questions, and media center with exercises and handouts
- Course workbook containing quizzes, exercises, and interactive lessons
- 11 comprehensive memory device aids (for associated Knowledge Areas)
- Set of 250 flash cards
- 6-page laminated Quick Reference Guide
- 5-CD set of audio discussions by Andy Crowe, Louis Alderman and Bill Yates
- Pen, highlighter, markers, and other associated classroom supplies
- Ongoing, post-class support
- Certificate of completion
Participants will be prepared for passing the PMP exam including an understanding of:
- Each of the 5 major project management processes, including inputs, outputs, tools, techniques, and terminology
- How each process relates to the 10 project management knowledge areas
- The project management framework and how processes flow within it
- The “professional responsibility” subject matter that PMI added to the exam
- PMI formulas related to cost, time, quality, and risk, and how to apply them in real scenarios
- How to produce network diagrams, calculate critical path, float, and lag, and the terms, tools, and techniques that apply to them
- Test-taking strategies to help you understand and decode PMI's test questions and avoid common traps and pitfalls
- A working knowledge of PMI's vocabulary and terms
Our goal is not only to help you pass the exam, but also make you into an effective project manager. We therefore do not recommend taking any PMP Exam Prep course unless you already have had training in at least the fundamentals of project management. For this training, we recommend our 3-day Project Management Essentials: Part 1 workshop (or equivalent).
We also strongly recommend that prior to taking any PMP Exam Prep course, that you have met PMI’s requirements for writing the exam, and ideally have already completed the application process and have been approved*. If you are not sure if you qualify, please give us a call at 800-214-8096 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help steer you onto the right path.
*note, about 30% of exam applicants are audited by PMI. If your application has not been pre-approved prior to your attending the PMP Exam Prep course and you are audited, you may not qualify to write the exam within the 1 – 2 week recommended time period after completing the course.