Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
|Mississauga||10/11/2017||11/29/2017||Register||$2,490||8 evening sessions|
Have you decided to take the next step in your career and achieve your Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) designation?
World Class Productivity (WCP) has partnered with Velociteach to bring to Canada one of the most comprehensive and effective PMP Exam Prep solutions available — the Velociteach PMP Exam Prep System.
Taught by industry experts, the course is chock full of advice, study techniques, and best practices for passing the exam.
The special evening edition of the Velociteach PMP Exam Prep course includes five key components:
Application Guidance — Complete and thorough review of your background and training to ensure you are qualified to write the PMP exam. We then provide guidance on how to fill out the application ensuring that your application is accepted and you can then focus on preparing for the exam.
Instructor Led Course — An intensive 8 session (3.5 hour/session) instructor led course that covers the entire scope of knowledge required for passing the PMP exam. Held over 8 weeks, this approach allows you to fully prepare and be ready to write the exam immediately after the course.
On-line Support — The InSite e-learning system includes both an e-learning component and a PMP exam testing lab. The e-learning portion supplements the instructor led course and provides additional project management training reinforcement, . Participants can go through all of the e-learning modules, or select specific modules to clarify and review specific exam topics.
Ongoing Testing – In-class baseline testing and the on-line testing lab allows participants to simulate the taking of an actual 4 hour PMP exam, or create custom tests of any length focused on specific areas of your choice. The results of each test are recorded, so you can see where you need additional focus in order to pass the exam.
Supporting Materials — Andy Crowe’s book The PMP® Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, laminated quick reference guide, flash cards and audio files. Use these as you study leading up to your exam, to help ensure that you know the material inside and out.
You may not be ready to write the PMP exam yet, but after the Velociteach PMP® Exam Prep, you will be!
I passed my PMP first time through thanks to your team. You guys do a great job preparing your students by giving us the right materials and insight to pass the exam."
Christopher Descheneaux, PMP, Sr. Infrastructure Administrator, Sheridan College
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for individuals from all industries who are serious about passing the exam and becoming a PMP® (may also be used for CAPM® Exam Prep).
The special evening edition of the course, provides you with a blended learning system consisting of:
- Full review and guidance on filling out the PMP exam application
- 8 sessions of focused in class training
- An online e-learning program (available for 6 months)
- PMP exam testing lab for establishing your baseline/benchmarking
- Self-study materials including flash cards and audio files
- Guaranteed results
Participants will be prepared for passing the PMP exam including an understanding of:
- Each of the 5 major project management processes, including inputs, outputs, tools, techniques, and terminology
- How each process relates to the 10 project management knowledge areas
- The project management framework and how processes flow within it
- The “professional responsibility” subject matter that PMI added to the exam
- PMI formulas related to cost, time, quality, and risk, and how to apply them in real scenarios
- How to produce network diagrams, calculate critical path, float, and lag, and the terms, tools, and techniques that apply to them
- Test-taking strategies to help you understand and decode PMI's test questions and avoid common traps and pitfalls
- A working knowledge of PMI's vocabulary and terms
Understanding whether or not you meet the necessary qualifications for becoming a PMP can be confusing. If you sign up for the course and do not meet the necessary pre-requisites for writing the PMP exam, we let you know, explain what you have to do to be eligible, then give you the option to either take the course to prepare for the CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) exam, or we will return your course fee.