Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
|Waterloo||11/01/2017||11/01/2017||Register||$590||University of Waterloo|
Take this course stand-alone or as part of a:
- University of Waterloo Advanced Project Management Certificate
Stakeholders come in all shapes and sizes. While the expectations of some project stakeholders may be straightforward and closely aligned with project goals, other stakeholders may have expectations which are unknown, or not achievable given the purpose and scope of the project. Some stakeholders may remain “hidden” until close to the end of your project, at which point they identify themselves only to make it clear that their project expectations have not been met.
One of the most challenging aspects on many projects is the managing of stakeholder expectations. Learn to do it well, and your project will have a much easier time, and be much more likely to achieve success. Do it poorly, and before you know, you may bogged down in endless meetings and complaints.
Who Should Attend
The workshop is appropriate for people working in both the public and private sectors, in any of the following project related roles:
- project managers
- project team members
- subject matter experts
- department managers
- account managers
- Course workbook
- Reference files containing course specific and general project management materials
- Certificate of completion (framed for participants of in-house workshops)
Upon completion of this course participants will:
- Understand the importance of managing project stakeholders
- Know how to identify the project stakeholders on your projects
- Know how to effectively define stakeholders’ influence and requirements for your projects
- Know how to prepare a Stakeholders Management Plan
- Know how to manage project stakeholders by implementing the Stakeholders Management Plan
- Understand the ethical issues in managing project stakeholders
- Understand how to generate and use the information from past projects
- Know how to make a plan for enhanced stakeholders management efforts for your project(s)
Project Management Essentials, or similar level PM course.