Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
Take this course stand-alone or as part of a:
- University of Waterloo Project Management Certificate
- Canadian Construction Association (CCA) Gold Seal Certificate
Even the most experienced project managers find that when they take on an increasing number of projects, life doesn't just get a bit tougher — it gets a lot tougher!
This advanced level 2-day course provides insights, strategies, and tools for managing multiple projects. You will learn how to schedule multiple projects so that minor delays in one project do not cause a domino effect requiring rescheduling of all projects. This course also provides techniques for increasing your personal and corporate capacity for managing multiple projects. Finally, Juggling Multiple Projects helps you understand how to advance from a project management methodology suited to one or two projects to a methodology capable of handling multiple projects.
On the first day of the course, through instructor-led discussions and hands-on group exercises, participants discover how to adjust their project management methodology from one suited to managing one or two projects, to one more effective for managing multiple projects.
On the second day of the course, participants learn strategies for moving forward with their new knowledge — so that the lessons of days one and two can be applied on day three — when they return to work. The course accomplishes this transition through a series of group exercises and discussions using both real and very realistic scenarios. By the end of the two days, participants not only have learned new techniques for dealing with multiple projects, they have the wherewithal to apply them on the job.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers
- Resource Managers
- Project schedulers
- Anyone involved in decisions to implement an ’enterprise project management (EPM)’ software tool
- Course materials containing copies of presentation slides
- Reference files containing course specific and general project management materials
- Certificate of completion (framed for participants of in-house workshops)
Through group exercises, and facilitated discussion, participants completing this workshop will be able to…
- Schedule shared resources so that delays in one project do not cause a domino effect on the others
- Increase personal capacity for managing multiple projects — by reducing the overhead required in managing each one
- Apply specific techniques that will help increase corporate capacity for projects
- Identify key resources and avoid turning them into a bottleneck, while actually increasing their capacity
- Communicate with confidence the approach necessary to move forward and apply the methodologies learned
- Handle problems that often interfere with our ability to manage multiple projects
- Articulate the changes which must take place in order to achieve these results within an actual project environment
This is not a beginner course. In addition to the following prerequisites, prior to taking this course participants should have hands—on project management experience.
- 3day Project Management Essentials (or its equivalent)
- Exposure to and use of a project management software tool such as Microsoft Project is an asset but not required.