description and outline.
Costly rework, frustrated project stakeholders and chronic project delays are inevitably linked to weak requirements gathering, writing and management. Yet these days, with every system dollar being scrutinized, squeezed and critically studied, failures are not easily tolerated.
That’s why the new version 4.0 of PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) closely connects new processes such as ”6.1 Collect Requirements” with project management essentials such as scope, WBS and the Planning process group in general. PMBOK is now also aligned with all of BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) which define business analysis best practices which emphasize the vital value and importance of Requirements to enable success.
Who Should Attend
- Business and Systems Analysts
- Project managers who want to enable the value BA’s on their projects
- Developers considering making the transition to BA
- Business professionals who liaise with I.T. groups on behalf of their business areas
- Testing professionals who want to define and leverage great requirements
- Technical and QA Analyst
- IT Manager
Whether you are working towards (or already have) your PMP® (Project Management Professional) or Certified Business Analysis Professional CBAP® (Certified Business Analysis Professional) designation, this course is a must to enable your on-the-job success.
- Course workbook
- A CD containing course reference materials
- Certificate of completion (framed for in-house clients)
Participants of this course will be able to…
- Understand the value, structure and elements high quality requirements
- Without relying strictly on interviewing, learn other techniques for productively gather information to define and document of requirements
- Facilitate requirements workshops
- Creatively examine and select alternate solutions to business problems
- Efficiently obtain approvals and sign-offs
- Trace and manage changes to requirements documents throughout the SDLC
- How You Will Benefit
- Learn about and take away templates and how to use them
- Understand the value, structure and elements of excellent requirements
- Know when and how to use the 5 types of requirements
- Leverage the importance of requirements in relation to PMBOK
- Learn to apply requirement gathering techniques to produce better and faster results
- How business analysts and project managers can productively work together
- Trace requirements to business strategies, business drivers and needs
- Analyze business processes to determine business requirements
- Integrate business requirements into a variety of system development methodologies
- Establish a traceability protocol to link business requirements to design, development, testing, and deployment activities
- Learn how to use requirements as the vital link to all systems work
There are no prerequisites for this course.