Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
|Waterloo||03/28/2018||03/28/2018||Please call||$590||University of Waterloo|
The Disciplined Agile (DA) framework builds on the existing proven practices from agile methods such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP) to include other aspects necessary for scaling agile to work in enterprise settings.
Unlike other scaling frameworks which take a prescriptive approach to delivery practices, Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) provides teams with options to work within organizational or project constraints. As such, it is one of the more practical and real-world frameworks available for scaling agile. In this 1-day course participants will learn about the DA framework and how it can be used to scale agile to the enterprise level within their organization.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers
- Agile Leads (e.g. Scrum Masters)
- Project Management Methodologists
- Course workbook containing copies of presentation slides and exercises
- Certificate of completion (framed for participants of in-house workshops)
Through the exploration of project scenarios, group exercises, and facilitated discussion, participants completing this workshop will learn how to …
- Discover the benefits of a full delivery lifecycle approach vs. the construction focus of most agile methodologies
- Learn the key roles for Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) and understand how traditional roles can transition to DAD roles
- Understand the DAD framework of goals, decision points and options and learn how to tailor practices to fit the context of a given project
- Understand the different DAD lifecycles and how to choose the right one to fit the needs of your project
This is an advanced agile workshop. Participants should have hands on experience as a team member or as an agile lead on more than one agile project. Participants should also have already received formal training in the fundamentals of both traditional and agile project management, and in the scaling agile for large projects. We therefore recommend:
- 3-day Project Management Essentials: Part 1 – the Fundamentals (or its equivalent)
- 3-day Agile Project Management Hands On (or its equivalent)
- 1-day Scaling Agile for Large Projects and Portfolios (or its equivalent)