Download Course PDF
description and outline.
This interactive 3-day course is designed for business analysts and for people who would like to embark on a business analysis career. It covers the foundational activities related to the role of the business analyst, aligning its focus with concepts from both the IIBA® BABOK, as well was with the PMI-PBA® Practice Guide.
The course deals with areas ranging from Enterprise Analysis and aspects of Project Portfolio Management, to process mapping, facilitation and the role of the BA in Agile environments. Additionally, the course provides insights and practices related to Elicitation, Requirements Management and Communication, Requirements Analysis, and Solution Assessment and Validation.
Participants will gain insight into detailed knowledge of the requirements management process – end to end, with best practices to perform requirements-related activities throughout the entire requirements process. The course explores the skills needed for writing requirements, and for managing key challenges the business analysts has to deal with, including utilization of appropriate tools and techniques for different types of projects, techniques to assess stakeholders, plan for and manage requirements risks, and verify and validate requirements.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is appropriate for:
§ Business Analysts (or those wanting to enter into this field)
§ Project Managers who want a better understand of the BA role
- Course workbook
- Reference files
- Certificate of completion
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of business analysis to project and organizational success
- Explore the relationship between the BA and the PM to address gaps, touch-points and overlapping areas
- Select appropriate tools and techniques to perform business analysis activities
- Identify important competencies of a business analyst and develop a personal action plan to achieve them
- Discuss the contribution of the BA to the organization and to stakeholder expectations management
- Review the relationship and distribution of responsibilities between the BA and the PM
- Perform value-add project initiation and early planning activities
- Explore the role of the BA in Agile environments
- Review requirements related tools
- Learn how to perform a series of activities to improve communication, organize effective meeting and create a path to excelling at facilitation
- Review common types of issues and challenges that impact the requirements management process
- Identify common types of requirements
- Identify risks associated with requirements
There are no prerequisites for this workshop.