Download Course PDF
description and outline.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Register||Price||--------- Notes --------|
Take this course stand-alone or as part of a:
- University of Waterloo Project Management Certificate
- University of Waterloo Advanced Project Management Certificate
The Agile Project Management Hands On workshop has been carefully designed to provide participants with the essential elements of Agile Project management so that after the session, they have the tools, skills and the confidence to start applying Agile project management techniques on their projects. To accomplish this, our course makes extensive use of agile simulations, realistic agile project scenarios, group discussions and many hands-on exercises. Participants come away with not only the theory, but more importantly, how to take the theory of agile project management and apply it to their environment. Because Agile project management is not just for IT projects, participants may choose to work through project scenarios based on IT and non-IT projects.
For participants who plan on writing the PMI-ACP exam, the course includes information on the key areas that the exam covers, the application process, eligibility requirements, the make-up of the exam, exam related fees, and the distribution of exam questions relative to the seven PMI Agile domains.
In addition, participants of our Toronto and Mississauga courses, will also receive a copy of the book "PMI-ACP Exam - How to Pass on Your First Try". This is the first book written specifically for the new PMI-ACP exam. The book was written by Andy Crowe, author of our award winning PMP Exam Prep course materials. Included with the book are two practice PMI-ACP exam simulations.
*Participants who will not be writing the PMI-ACP exam, and who do not require the PMI-ACP Exam Prep materials, may enter the discount code nopmiacp when registering to receive a $100 discount on their course registration.
Who Should Attend
- Project managers
- Business analysts
- Senior technical leads
- Participants working towards their PMI-ACP designation
Note: This course is applicable to IT and to non-IT projects.
- Workbook containing copies of the presentation materials
- The book "PMI-ACP Exam - How to Pass on Your First Try", by Andy Crowe
- Two PMI-ACP Exam Simulations
- Course supplementary files and templates
- Tools to print User Stories onto Post-it-Notes (great for Agile Planning workshops)
- Framed certificate of completion (for corporate workshops and public workshops in Toronto, Mississauga and Sudbury)
Through group simulations, project scenarios and discussion, participants will …
- Learn the philosophy behind Agile Project Management and the methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, etc…) through which Agile PM is applied
- Determine whether agile techniques are appropriate
- Understand the primary roles within an Agile project
- Understand how project planning is performed in an Agile environment
- Understand core processes involved in execution of an Agile project
- Learn the proper meaning of common Agile terms
- Learn how to apply essential tools and techniques of Agile PM (e.g. user stories, story points, personas, backlog items, sprints, scrum meetings, retrospectives, etc.)
- Learn techniques for assessing and communicating an Agile project’s status
- Understand what is required to achieve the PMI-ACP designation
- Understand challenges of practicing agile project management in a culture of traditional project management
Project Management Essentials: Part 1 - The Fundamentals or its equivalent.