description and outline.
Take this course stand-alone or as part of a:
- University of Waterloo Advanced Project Management Certificate
Agile Certification Exam Preparation
As more and more companies adopt Agile project management techniques, there is a need to clearly identify project managers who are capable of applying these methodologies. Both the PMI® and the PMAC (Project Management Association of Canada) have developed Agile Certifications designed to provide Agile practitioners with the credentials companies are looking for.
This one day workshop provides:
- a review of both the PMI® and PMAC Agile certification procedures
- a review of topics covered within the exams
- sample exam questions
- important studying tips
- additional resources recommended to complete your exam preparation
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at those who already have at least a basic understanding of agile principles and practices. Target audience members include project managers, Scrum Masters, senior team members, risk managers, PMO heads, and project auditors who are all interested in completing one of the two agile certifications mentioned above.
- Course workbook containing presentation materials
- Supplementary materials including:
- The book Managing Agile Projects by Kevin Aguanno
- Copy of the Agile Exam Study Guide including details on the requirements and certification procedures, an annotated list of recommended resources, and sample exam questions with detailed explanations for each answer
- Describe the two agile certifications along with their certification requirements and procedures
- List the major topic areas being assessed during the exam
- Describe the fundamentals of several agile methodologies including Scrum, Extreme Programming, and Feature-Driven Development.
- Estimate a team’s starting velocity using several techniques
- Describe and build release plans, iteration plans, and day plans
- Explain tracking and control techniques such as kanban, burndown charts, parking lot reports, and velocity
- Identify areas where additional study may be required, and where to find the required study resources
Prior to this workshop, participants should already have formal training in agile methods. The recommended prerequisite is our 3-day Agile Project Management course or a 2-day Certified ScrumMaster course.
Note that both certification exams require a minimum of 21 hours of agile training before writing either exam – this 1-day certification exam preparation course would count towards 7 of those required 21 hours.
- Participants of this course will qualify for 7 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- The Cert.APM exam can be written at the end of the class. Course Registration fee includes exam fee registration costs