PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)SM
PMI® has recently announced the launching of their new PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)SM certification. PMI is currently accepting and reviewing applicaitons for the PMI-ACP, with the first PMI-ACP certifications to be awarded to successful pilot candidates by the end of 2011..
Agile project management techniques are best applied to projects in which significant change is expected due to the inability to fully define product requirements up front, the use of new or unstable technology, or an unknown approach (such as in R&D projects). While agile techniques are not suited to every organization, they can be adapted to benefit a wide range of organizations and industries.
The new PMI® Agile Certification is designed to validate a practitioner’s understanding of Agile principles and their ability to apply Agile principles to basic projects.
To be eligible for the Agile certification, participants must meet the following criteria:
- A secondary diploma (high school or equivalent) or above
- 2,000 hours experience working on project teams within the last 5 years (participants who are already a PMP® automatically meet this requirement)
- An additional 1,500 hours working on Agile project teams or with Agile methodologies within the last 2 years
- 21 contact hours of training in Agile topics (our 3-day Agile Project Management course meets this requirement)
- Passing of the PMI® Agile exam
If you are interested in learning more about Agile project management, and perhaps earning your PMI® Agile Certification, there is no better place to start than by taking our 3-day Agile Project Management course. Not only will this course meet the required contact hours to qualify for writing the exam, but the course also includes “Managing Agile Projects” by Kevin Aguanno. This book is one of the eight PMI® recommended references for learning about Agile methods.
And don't forget that at the end of this course, students will also get the opportunity to write the Certified Agile Project Manager exam from the Project Management Association of Canada. By taking this course, you meet the educational requirements for two agile PM certifications.