Course Description: Agile Project Management
While agile project management is not the answer to all project issues, it does solve some critical problems that we commonly face on complex, high-change projects. The latest research shows that the adoption of agile methods is rapidly spreading, with over 2/3 of large organizations already using some agile techniques, while most of the remaining have plans in place to pilot agile management methods within the next 12 months.
This three-day intensive workshop will give you a solid understanding of agile project management techniques and when to apply them. At the end of the course, participants write the PMAC Certified Agile Project Manger exam, and if passed will receive their Certified Agile Project Manager certificate from the PMAC (Project Management Association of Canada)
Who Should Attend
This course is ideally suited to:
- Project managers
- Business analysts
- Senior technical leads
Note: While this course will focus on the application of agile techniques to IT projects, the learned techniques also apply to non-IT projects as well, and in-class examples will be modified to suit the needs of the audience.
- Workbook containing copies of the presentation materials, case studies, sample project materials, and much more.
- CD containing a copy of the presentation slides
- CD containing the Agile Estimating & Planning Resource Kit, which contains sample templates in MS Word and MS Excel formats
- A copy of the best-selling book Managing Agile Projects, edited by Kevin Aguanno
- Certificate of completion (framed for in-house clients)
Through group exercises and discussion, participants completing this workshop will be able to…
- Properly evaluate where Agile project management fits into the spectrum of management methodologies
- Apply Agile requirements management techniques
- Apply Agile estimating and planning techniques
- Document project using Agile practices
- Apply Agile quality management techniques
- Apply Agile metrics and control
- Evaluate what types of projects are suited to Agile PM
- Evaluate when Agile project management techniques are not appropriate
Click here for the full PDF course description and outline.
For information on how to arrange for an in-house delivery of this course, or for information on the location and dates for public deliveries of this course, contact
email@example.com or call 905-660-7184.