The Project Management Association of Canada offers an entry-level certification in agile project management called the “PMAC Certificate in Agile Project Management.” Those who are awarded this certificate have the right to use the postnomial “Cert.APM” for as long as their certification remains current.
This unique specialty project management certification is aimed at primarily IT project managers who are looking for additional credentials beyond basic project management credentials such as the PMP® designation from PMI. Certification from PMAC is evidence that a project manager is actively engaged in skills growth and career development — a sign of a true professional.
The necessary requirements to earn the PMAC Agile Certificate are as follows:
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 24 hours of formal training from a PMAC-accredited agile project management course (such as our 3-day Agile Project Management workshop) within the 12 months prior to the application. Applicants must include evidence of course completion (a certificate or letter from the training provider is adequate evidence) when applying to write the exam.
- Applicants must have a recognized project management credential or document a minimum of two years of project, portfolio, or program management experience. Acceptance of credentials is at the discretion of the Certification Body Operational Committee, but accepted credentials currently include:
- Academic Certificates such as a University of Toronto Certificate in Applied Project Management or the University of Waterloo Project Management Certificate
- PM Certifications such as PMP or CAPM
- Applicants must pay an exam fee of $150 to PMAC. Individual payments may be made via cheque mailed to the association or via PayPal. Note: exam fees are included as part of the Agile PM workshop
- Applicants must complete the Online Cert.APM Application and payment process. For those taking the exam as part of a training package (such as our 3-day Agile PM workshop), the application will be provided to you for completion by the exam proctor just prior to the start of the examination. For candidates who do not want to make payment online, they can printout, fill in, and mail the Cert.APM Exam Application Form with a cheque for the full registration amount. Note: exam fees are included as part of the Agile PM workshop